Saturday 29 December 2018

Cassandra's Summer Learning Journey: Week 1, Day 2, Activity 1 - 2018

Tāne Mahuta

 

If I got the chance to visit Tāne Mahuta, I would definitely do so! When I look at pictures of Tāne Mahuta, the tree looks very beautiful. I am so interested in this tree. No one knows how old the tree completely is, but some say it could be about 1,250 and 2,500 years old! This wonderful tree lives in the Waipoua Kauri Forest. I would really love to see the amazing tree in real life and I would also love to learn more about it,
Cassandra
Image result for tane mahuta


1 comment:

  1. Malo Sandra!

    You have given a clear view point and a few reasons why you would want to visit Tāne Mahuta. I'm glad you would want to visit Tāne Mahuta, it'd be a grand sight to behold! Ka pai for providing a little background information, it is appreciated.

    Perhaps next time you could add a little more background about our mighty Kauri trees, such as threats to their livelihood. Kauri Dieback is a disease that harms our beautiful Kauri. Did you know about this disease? If not, I suggest researching it if you are really keen on visiting Tāne Mahuta or any Kauri trees in person. :)

    One day, like you I would like to visit Tāne Mahuta so I can see the gigantic and mighty tree up close. It has grown to be so tall and magnificent I’d love to see it in person, I can only imagine how wide its trunk is..

    You've made a great start, ka mau te wehi!

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.