Thursday 27 December 2018

Cassandra's Summer Learning Journey: Day 1, Activity 1, Week 1, 2018

Greetings blog world!
My name is Cassandra, this is my first Summer Learning Journey blog post this year. I will be introducing 3 fun facts about New Zealand to you. If you would like, leave a comment.



1. There are no snakes at all in New Zealand. One reason why is because the New Zealand government work to make sure New Zealand stays snake free. Another reason why is because there is no species of a snake that can travel THAT far through water.


2. The most popular New Zealand movies that were made are 'Once were warriors', 'The whale rider', 'The piano' and 'Lord of the rings' trilogy.



3. There is a Māori name to New Zealand, and that name is Aotearoa. Aotearoa means The Land Of The Long White Cloud.



3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cassandra,

    Congratulations on completing your very first activity for this years Summer Learning Journey. I am so excited that you have decided to join us this year. We have almost 100 students from Ako Hiko completing Summer Learning Journey activities this year, which is absolutely awesome.

    You have shared three very fascinating facts about our country, Aotearoa. I love that you have put your facts in your own words. I think it is awesome that Aotearoa has two commonly known names. I did some research on where the meaning of Aotearoa came from and according to the Te Ara website, there are two stories. Both of these stories involve voyagers who were travelling accross the ocean and were drawn to New Zealand by the long white cloud hanging over New Zealand. I am not surprised by this, as I am sitting in my caravan by the beach, in front of me is the ocean and there are no clouds. As I look behind me, there is a wall of cloud hanging over the hills. I wonder what make this happen to the clouds.

    I am looking forward to reading more of your posts Cassandra.

    Keep up the awesome work,
    Megan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Megan for giving me feedback and for taking your time to look at my blog posts,

      Cassandra

      Delete
    2. Hey Cassandra,

      I love reading your blog posts. I will be looking forward to reading your second Summer Learning Journey activity.

      Kindest regards,
      Megan :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.